Social adj. 社会的;社友谊势的

Social events: 社走运动

Social gatherings:社交聚会

Lots of social events/gatherings: 很多社走运动、社交聚会

雅思托福白话干货分享  英语中社交的表达办法

A busy social calendar: 社交日历繁忙

An active social life: 社交生活生动

There're lots of social gatherings around Chinese New Year.

快到春节了,社交聚会特殊多。

形容人:sociable/动词:socialize

Someone is sociable.

I'm not a very sociable person.

我不是很善于交际。

He's super sociable.

他是个社牛。

I used to love to socialize, but I don’t like doing too much socializing now.

我以前很喜好交际,但现在不那么多了。

应酬

entertain v. 应酬、招待

entertainment n. 娱乐

Entertain guests/clients: 招待客人、应酬、招待客户

I need to do a lot of entertaining for my job.

我事情常常要招待应酬。

吃吃喝喝

wine 红酒;v.饮酒 dine v.用饭;用餐

Wining and dining

To wine and dine

There’s a lot of wining and dining at the end of the year.

年底有很多吃喝应酬。

To wine and dine clients.

招待客户。

Don't forget to wine and dine your friends.

别忘了请你朋友们吃顿好的。

聚会、组局

Gather: v. 相聚、聚会

Gathering: n. 聚会、聚餐

To gather with friends: 跟朋友聚聚

End-of-year gatherings: 年底聚会

Going to a gathering: 去参加一场聚会

Family gathering: 家庭聚会、家庭聚餐

I look forward to family gatherings this Chinese New Year.

我期待过年跟家人团圆。

见个面 meet/meet up

I'm meeting a couple of coworkers for drinks later.

我晚点儿会跟几个同事出去喝几杯。

It's been too long. We should meet up!

我们太久没见了,该当见个面!

I met up with some old college friends last week.

我上周见了大学老同学。

业务、事情应酬 Function n.

I have a bunch of work functions next month.

我下个月有好几个事情应酬。

The restaurant is closed to public due to a private function.

饭店本日不对外业务,由于有私人宴会。